EGO Power+ are moving into the recreational off-road vehicle market with the announcement they’re releasing a battery-powered mini dirt bike.
The company, known mostly for battery-operated yard tools, says the bike will run off of two EGO Power+ 56V batteries and get speeds up to 45 km/h with a distance on a full charge of around 28 kilometres.
Full specs of the EGO Power+ mini bike below:
- Powerful hub motor delivers quiet acceleration with top speeds up to 28 mph (45 km/h)
- Up to 18 miles (28 kilometres) of range on a single charge with 2 x 7.5Ah ARC Lithium batteries
- Three driving modes + reverse: ECO, Normal, and Sport modes with parental controls for a fully customizable riding experience
- Digital display to monitor speed, acceleration, range, and more
- Dual hydraulic disc brakes
EGO Power+ have recently started offering more “lifestyle” products to go along with their line of lawn mowers, leaf blowers and trimmers. These include a battery-powered generator, portable misting fan and portable area light.
In addition to the mini dirt bike, they have also listed a wet/dry vacuum, power washer and earth auger as coming soon on their website and it’s clear we can expect some interesting things from the company in the future.
There is currently no price or release date for the EGO Power+ mini bike, but from the comments on their Instagram post it’s apparent people want one (as well as for the company to release a go-kart next).
Would you purchase a battery-powered mini bike? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Photo credit: EGO Power+