Sonos announced this week that their premium portable smart speaker, the Sonos Move, is getting an upgrade.
The Sonos Move 2 is a fully revamped version of the 2019 Move speaker, with new stereo sound, up to 24 hours of battery life (double that of the original Move), and an ultra-durable water resistant design.
Other new features of the Move 2 include a USB-C port that can charge your phone or other devices from as well as concurrent Bluetooth and WiFi capabilities. The Move 2 also comes in a new Olive colour (pictured above) for those that don’t want boring black or white options.
Full details of the Sonos Move 2 are below:
- Supercharged sound, now in stereo: Move 2 comes with a completely overhauled acoustic architecture including dual tweeters that deliver spacious stereo sound and crisp vocals allowing you to feel the emotional charge of a live performance. Feel the beat from its precision-tuned woofer that produces deep, dynamic bass – even when listening outdoors.
- Customize your system: Concurrent Bluetooth and WiFi capabilities allow for increased flexibility – stream via Bluetooth to a stereo pair of Move 2 speakers when connected to WiFi or group Move 2 with the rest of your Sonos system via WiFi to crank your party up a notch.
- More power to you: Move 2 offers up to 24 hours of battery life – double the playback time of the original Move – with a USB-C port that can charge your phone or electronics on the go, making it the perfect companion to power weekend road trips or outdoor gatherings.
- Sustainably designed to outlast any adventure: Move 2 reduces idle energy usage by more than 40%, incorporates recycled plastics, and uses a removable and replaceable battery to extend its product life – all wrapped in a responsibly designed package that uses sustainably sourced material, zero virgin plastic and is curbside recyclable.
- Versatile sound you can move around: With its ultra-durable design and IP56 rating, Move 2 is built to withstand accidental drops, splashes, rain, dirt, and sun. With automatic Trueplay tuning, Move 2 continually optimizes the sound for its surroundings, so you’ll always get the best listening experience no matter where life takes you.
- Elevated design and controls: Move 2 is available in an Olive colourway to complement neutral indoor and outdoor aesthetics, as well as Black and White colourways that blend seamlessly with other Sonos products. Move 2 features the same new intuitive user interface as the recently launched Era products, including a capacitive volume slider for simple control, or use Sonos Voice Control, Amazon Alexa, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay2 and Bluetooth to play, pause, check your battery, and more.
- Connect to all your favourite content: Stream audio using WiFi or Bluetooth, and unlock new listening possibilities by connecting your turntable, computer, or other audio source using the Sonos Line-In Adapter.
You can connect most streaming music services to the Move 2 via the Sonos App, including Apple Music, Spotify and SiriusXM.
The Move 2 will be available on September 20 with a MSRP of $559 in Canada.