If you’ve ever wondered if you take after mom or dad more, Ancestry has launched a new feature that can now tell you.
As part of the AncestryDNA + Traits kit, Parental Traits Inheritance can tell which parent influenced specific things about you, such as why you love early mornings or can nap anywhere, without your parents having to take a DNA test of their own.
“We know that people around the world share the common human experience of being more ‘like’ one parent in some parts of their physical and emotional make-up. We hope this ignites more meaningful conversations and deeper bonds among families everywhere,” Crista Cowan, Corporate Genealogist at Ancestry said in a press release.
Ancestry also added more unique traits and attributes it can discover to AncestryDNA + Traits, including whether you enjoy dancing or love spicy food. These join a growing list of 43 traits with more coming soon.
Some other current traits Ancestry can discover
- Introvert or Extrovert: Dread family gatherings? Or looking forward to the holiday season? You can find out why with this trait.
- Picky Eater: A picky eater? It’s not all your fault, your genetics hold some of the blame.
- Tolerating Dairy: Love ice cream, but hate the consequences? Traits can reveal how your genetics affect your tolerance to dairy.
- Risk Taking: Whether you’re the first in line at a theme park, or rather watch from the ground. Traits can shed light on how prone you are to taking risks.
- Sun Sneezing: Achooo! Around 18-35 per cent of people feel like sneezing when suddenly exposed to bright light. Are you one of them?