So it’s not much of a surprise that Apple Music has picked her as the 2023 Artist of the Year.
“Taylor Swift’s impact on music is absolutely undeniable — not just this record-breaking year, but throughout her entire career,” Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and Beats said in a release.
“She is a generation-defining artist and a true change agent in the music industry, and there is no doubt that her impact and influence will be felt for years to come. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to celebrate her achievements.”
In the first 10 months of 2023 Swift had 65 songs reach Apple Music’s Global Daily Top 100, which is more than any other artist streaming on the service.
“I am so honoured to be Apple Music’s Artist of the Year,” Swift said in a statement. “Thank you to every single one of you for making this year the most incredible, joyful, celebratory year ever.”
Highlights of Taylor Swift on Apple Music
- Swift saw consistent streaming lifts throughout the year, particularly around the enormous success of Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour. The week the tour kicked off in March, Swift’s streams grew 61 per cent globally. She continued to see double-digit growth in monthly streams throughout the summer. Set List: Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour was the No. 1 most-streamed set list of the year, and among the top 40 editorial playlists of the year.
- Favourites like “Bad Blood,” “Blank Space,” “Style,” “Shake It Off,” “Wildest Dreams,” and “All Of The Girls You Loved Before” all reached the Apple Music charts for their first time in 2023.
- “Cruel Summer,” of Swift’s 2019 album Lover, became one of the biggest songs of the summer on Apple Music worldwide. The song re-entered the Global Daily Top 100 in April for the first time in four years and has stayed there ever since.
- Midnights still stands as the biggest album of all time by a female artist in Apple Music history by first-day and first-week streams worldwide.
- She’s the No. 1 most-streamed female artist in Apple Music history, and is also the female artist with the most songs to reach Apple Music’s Global Daily Top 100.