What is the IKEA sell-back program?
How the IKEA sell-back program works
In order to sell-back your IKEA furniture don’t just show up at an IKEA location and expect to get store credit. You must follow the steps below on the IKEA website.
- Send 4 or more photos of the item you’re selling back, including the IKEA logo and/or article number of the item.
- Allow 5 business days for IKEA to assess your applicatoin, then check your application status. If the item is still processing, IKEA says to wait another day and check again.
- If your application is approved, bring your fully assembled IKEA item to your selected store within 30 days of the date the item was accepted, along with your IKEA Family card and unique application code to get your in-store credit.
What items qualify for the IKEA sell-back program?
In order to qualify for the sell-back program your IKEA products must be:
- In good, resellable condition
- Complete and fully functional
- Properly assembled when returned
- Clean and unmodified
Furniture IKEA accepts for the sell-back program:
- Bookcases and shelf units
- Chest of Drawers, Nightstands
- Cabinets (non Kitchen)
- Chairs and stools (excluding fabric upholstered)
- Dining tables
- Office Desks & Chairs (excluding fabric upholstered)
- Multimedia furniture (tv benches, etc.)
- Small tables (side, Coffee, Nesting, etc.)
- Home Décor & Storage (excluding lighting & cookware)
Along with all non-IKEA furniture, the following is not accepted for the sell-back program:
- Products that have been used outside, including outdoor furniture
- Hacked or modified products
- Market hall items, including cookware and lighting fixtures
- Mattresses and bed textiles such as blankets and mattress protectors
- Bed frames
- Sofas and armchairs (fabric upholstered)
- Other soft furnishings such as pillows, towels, rugs, etc.
- Items that contain glass
- Kitchens including benchtops, cabinets and fronts
- PAX wardrobes and accessories
- Other over-sized items
- Appliances or other electrical items
- Children’s and baby product such as cribs, mattresses and changing tables
What is IKEA Family?
IKEA Family is IKEA’s loyalty program. It’s free to join and offers rewards and discounts on certain products.
IKEA Family members have until November 26 to get the double sell-back store credit. For more information, visit ikea.ca.
Have you used the IKEA sell-back program? Share your experience in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
Photo credit: IKEA Canada