To celebrate its 40th anniversary, Paramount Home Entertainment is releasing Footloose on 4K Blu-ray next year in an awesome collectible Steelbook set.
The film that made Kevin Bacon a star, Footloose is about a city boy (Bacon) who moves to a small town where dancing has been banned. Bacon’s character of course turns the town on its head and dancing and fun ensues.
Along with some great choreography, Footloose also has one of the most memorable soundtracks from the ’80s, with songs from the likes of Kenny Loggins, Bonnie Tyler, Quiet Riot, John Mellencamp and Foreigner.
Lori Singer, Dianne Wiest, John Lithgow, Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Penn also star.
Footloose has been newly remastered for the 4K Blu-ray release and the collectible Steelbook is designed to look like an ’80s Walkman.
Features on the ‘Footloose’ 4K Blu-ray
- Commentary by Craig Zadan and Dean Pitchford
- Commentary by Kevin Bacon
- Let’s Dance! Kevin Bacon on Footloose
- From Bomont to the Big Apple: An Interview with Sarah Jessica Parker
- Remembering Willard
- Kevin Bacon’s Screen Test
- Kevin Bacon Costume Montage
- Footloose: A Modern Musical – Part 1
- Footloose: A Modern Musical – Part 2
- Footloose: Songs That Tell A Story
- Theatrical Trailer
The 2-disc collectible Footloose 4K Blu-ray Steelbook set will be released on February 13, 2024 (just in time for Valentine’s Day). You can buy the 4K Blu-ray Steelbook for Footloose on Amazon.
What other classic movies from the ’80s would you like to see get a 4K Blu-ray release? Let us know in the comments below or on our Facebook page.